Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blog #16-LAST BLOG Reflect on your semester and year in biology What were your successes? What were your failures? What did you learn that you will never forget?

Blog #16-LAST BLOG Reflect on your semester and year in biology What were your successes? What were your failures? What did you learn that you will never forget?

In the second semester of this year in Biology in Ms. Malonek's class, I had some success along with some failures. First of all, one of my success would be working hard does help in the long run because if I do all my homework when it was given, I don't have to rush to finish it; thus, avoiding that I have to do sloppy work while rushing and not getting a better grade on it when I can. Additionally, good work does come with a good grade in return which will make my parents and me very happy!
Another success would be that it was really informative to learn about difference specimen's anatomy, making me compare and contrast the human's body anatomy and there is such a great difference. I used to think that  all animals had the same organs such as lungs, kidneys, etc. but that was where I was wrong and know my mistakes now.
However, I had some failures along the way and one of them is to open my ears and listen to the teachers with depth. I don't know why but when I thought the anatomy quiz was the worm and the grasshopper, I thought the anatomy quiz was going to be about the worm and the clam, instead. It was like I didn't open my ears to listen. WHAT A FAILURE! I studied for the wrong material for tomorrow's quiz!
Even though sometimes I almost cut the specimen at the wrong end, I didn't because good thing I had a partner. Therefore, I think dissecting specimen helped me learn a lot because there was actually a visual for me to learn and to actually know how each organ or thing looks like which made it easier for me to learn the material. I would always remember that preserves would make a rat look yellow and how squid can be made to yummy calamari. I would always remember "survivial of the fittest" because it is tough when people fight for candy. They were vicious people!! and they always grabbed the candy easier because they were big and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment